Thursday 21 July 2011

Disaster with acrylics

Art class for the last couple of weeks have been about naive or abstract art. We've not had much direction so the first week we struggled to think of any idea's, until we went through our phone's and found this lovely photo of a bluebell walk we went on back in May.





I painted my paper blue and well... I had bit of a strop, like a two year old would when they don't get their own way. I struggled I tells ya, but I tried again this week and I managed to get the trees ok but when I tried to do the bluebell's it all went grey, literally.

So that's why it's a bit of an acrylic disaster. I'm not a fan of abstract art either, but I did see a lovely painting of some trees in lovely warm colours and it was made by painting small blobs of paint in shades of yellow, oranges and browns. But I found it very hard to just place lots of blobs, I suppose I expected it to be easy when in reality you have to think about it and understand how to not mix the paint too much so you end up with a grey blob, yet mix them enough so they make a beautiful picture.

I wonder if I can bring myself to finish it off next week.

No comments: